The first news on the building dates back to 1948 when the building was designed as Home for Holidays of Women’s Youth, a branch of Catholic Action. Denitively inaugurated on the 8th of may 1955. The church and the historic apartments of the Hotel offered hospitality to the bishops during the Synods, the Second Ecumenical Council and various Episcopal Conferences. Cardinal Angelo Giuseppe Roncalli stayed here before the opening of the conclave that elected him Pope John XXIII. From a convent to a pilgrims’ house, the hotel’s vocation for the hospitality grew from year to year up to now, transforming itself into an eclectic 4 star Superior Hotel thanks to a creative and intrepid Entrepreneur.